749 Electrical problems ?

1 reply to this topic

#1 kgardner350

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike: Ducati 749

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

Hey everyone so this is my first post one here and I hope I can gain a little knowledge from everyone on a few problems I am having with my 2006 749. First a little back ground- I got this bike for a steal and took a bit of a chance. The bike had sat for 3 years in a garage and the previous owner didn't have any mechanical knowledge or money to get it going again. So I got a new battery did a oil change, swapped the gas out and put some new spark plugs in. It started and ran pretty rough and then started throwing some codes- 34.0, 37.3, 10.2, 11.1 I ended up giving in and just bringing to the local bike shop that has a certified Ducati tech. After 2 months of it being there the guy called me and said that he gives up and to come pick up the bike. He replaced the TPS, the bike is running on one cylinder barely if it does manage to start, the fans turn on and stay on as long as the key is in the on position. It has spark and the mechanic said that both injectors are firing. I was thinking that it might be a ECU? but I don't want to dish out the cash for that if I don't have to. I am sure that I'm missing some things but that's most of it. Anyone have any ideas ? For now I am going to just go through it and check grounds and connections hopefully I have a break through. -Thanks guys

Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links

Ducati-Superbikes.com

#2 Earache

Super Duper Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Bike: Schwinn Apple Crate!

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

This forum is kinda dead, still exists long past it's "sell by" date.

But someone might be along to help you out, just give give it a lot of time.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users